If you’re camping and playing guitar, it’s likely that you prefer to use a camp chair to play rather than standing up. With so many options available on the market, it can be time-consuming trying out different options.
This is why I have recommended, in this post, the best camp chairs that have been uniquely designed for guitar players. See my top selected camp chairs and stools here for playing guitar.
|Best Camp Chair for Playing Guitar||Features|
|K&M Performance Chair||Best performance camp stool for playing guitar|
|HOMOOI Cushioned Padded Folding Stool||Best budget camp chair for playing guitar|
|Gator Frameworks Guitar Seat with Padded Cushion||Best padded cushion camp chair for guitar|
|Donner Guitar Chair||Comes with a handy guitar holder|
Choosing the best chair for guitar can be a difficult task because there are so many factors to consider. It is entirely different from how you make your decision when choosing regular desk chairs.
When reviewing the chairs in this post, I took into consideration: their design, features, comfort, durability, specifications, pros and cons, as well as their price and warranty.
If you are looking for a very good camp chair for playing guitar then you should look no further.
As I have spelled out earlier, these camp chairs are mainly designed for the guitar players to provide maximum comfort, unlike any regular chair or office chair.
If you are to pick any chair for playing guitar, it should have some important features like a proper backrest, guitar stand, a footrest, adjustable height, and so on.
These are features you will not find in regular camp chairs, except ones that have been uniquely designed for guitar players.
Ideal camp chairs for guitar playing are more convenient and portable than the regular chair. I have ensured that the chairs reviewed in this post feature well-padded seat in a durable and sturdy frame.
I have also considered these chairs to be lightweight and foldable at the same time.
So without wasting much time, let’s dive into a full review of the best camp chairs for playing guitar.
Full review of the best camp chairs for playing guitar
Donner Guitar Chair
- Designed with High-density sponges such that the seat will not deform after prolonged use
- Features a guitar holder that is designed to keep your guitar near reach, making the product more than just a chair
- Equipped with rubber non-skid sleeves
- Features High quality steel bracket with X -Style design
- Quality after-sales guarantee
- Non-skid design
- High-density sponges
- Stable and safe
- Designed for guitarists
- No downside detected. This is an excellent camp chair for guitarists and it is highly recommended.
- Top Seat Diameter
- PVC Artificial Leather and High-density Sponge for the seat material
- Weight Bearing: Up to 250 lbs/113 kg
Among the amazing product I have seen from the Donner brand, this particular chair for guitar goes to prove that the brand has always been committed to improving the user experience.
I love the fact that the guitar seat makes your guitar at your fingertips. The product design consists of a professional practice bench and guitar stand.
It also features thickened pearl cotton that allows you to play your guitar for long hours without having any aches. The chair seat is also covered with good quality cotton-padded to prevent scratches.
Gator Frameworks Guitar Seat with Padded Cushion
- Just like Donner above, this features a durable guitar stand on the bottom front legs that neatly folds up
- Designed with a crossbar that provides an elevated footrest
- Features seat that is furnished for soft support
- Seat is made with a durable, thick padded cushion
- Equipped with a removable ergonomic backrest.
- Features a collapsible, compact design
- Built-In Guitar Stand
- Easy Storage
- Convenient Foot Rest
- Padded Seat and Back Rest
- I noticed several reviews on the guitar stand, it is not as sturdy as it is assumed to be. If you are not strongly considering the guitar stand feature, this remains a good pick.
- Made of Steel Material
- Item Dimensions: LxWxH14.3 x 44 x 14 inches
- Item Weight: 13.2 Pounds
- From Gator Frameworks Brand
This Gator Frameworks GFW-GTR-SEAT is renowned for two important features: the well-padded guitar seat and single guitar stand.
This ideal chair offers a seating solution where you sit comfortably for yourself and your guitar. It is a heavy-duty combination that features a 300-pound weight capacity.
The best part is that it has the right height for any guitarist.
Performance Tool W85011 Adjustable Height Chair
- Versatile seating solution that is ideal for camp guitar performance, living room, kitchen, dining area even bar
- Stylish outlook and high quality.
- Adjustable height of the seat to keep better comfort, and perfect for different height Guitarist
- The chair can rotate to any degree as needed to fit your comfort while playing.
- Equipped with a Square footrest to place feet on while sitting in any direction
- The chair frame is made of steel to help with handling and stability
- Designed with a plastic sprayed surface that is resistant to rust and corrosion
- 330lb weight capacity (150kg)
- Equipped with soft cushion and backrest
- Features PU leather of high quality that will resist scratch and corrosion
- Multifunctional usage
- pu leather cushion
- Equipped with backrest
- Adjustable height 24” to 28.5”
- Pre-assembled heavy-duty frame
- 360-degree swivel seat
- Square footrest
- It is important to note that majority of users find the pneumatic lever very flimsy and hard to operate. This may be, however, hard to believe.
- Black Color
- The Frame is of Faux_leather Material
- The Seat Material is Faux Leather Type
- From Performance Tool Brand
- Seat Height: 24 Inches
Featuring five hooded dual-caster swivel wheels, this incredibly versatile chair offers easy maneuverability in any given area of performance.
It features an extra-thick, 12.5-inch (318mm) diameter foam padded seat that allows you to sit on it for hours and still enjoy great comfort.
The chair holds a 300lb capacity (136 Kg) and will accommodate almost any body type. It is ideal as a camp chair for playing guitar.
K&M Performance Chair
- Features a strong spring-loaded clamping knob/pneumatic spring for adjustable height
- An ergonomically designed comfortable seat that is large and generously cushioned.
- You can use a clamping level to adjust the angle of the seat easily
- Guitar camp chair is designed for comfort and safety
- Features adjustable integrated foot end caps
- Built with extra heavy-duty steel.
- Easily foldable to move around your camping van when not in use
- Height with easy adjustment
- Adjustable comfortable cushioned seat
- Adjustable end cap
- 2 piece folding lightweight design
- Very handy!
- The footrest is adjustable, but it is not quick to change like the seat height. It is advised to find a good setting and leave it there.
- Made with Black imitation leather, Steel Material
- Item Dimensions: LxWxH34 x 8 x 16 inches
- Item Weight: 8.5 Kilograms
- From K&M Brand
König & Meyer is an outstanding brand, so it is no surprise when we see high-quality chairs in their name. This KandM performance chair is redesigned to offer the right support for your back every time you play your instrument (guitar, keyboard, or another instrument).
It features an ergonomically shaped seat that interestingly relieves pressure on your back and prevents premature tiredness. Plus, this seat can be freely adjusted to any angle. The same thing as the height of the chair – adjustable from 23.622 to 35.433″ to suit every individual.
The K&M chair for playing guitar is also equipped with a footrest which can also be height adjusted. Thumbs up to the robust construction of the legs and the integrated foot end caps. Despite these amazing features, the chair can still be folded flat for transport to any camp venue.
HOMOOI Cushioned Padded Folding Stool with Back
- Features a metal frame and thick soft padded cushioned seating
- The seat top is 12″ in diameter, the 7″ seat height folds flat
- It comes ready to use, no need for assembling
- Hold up to 220lbs.
- Lightweight, tiny and cute
- Sturdy and Comfortable
- easy to open and close
- Small Folding Chair
- Lightweight and Compact
- Ready to Use
- Variety Usage
- This is an impressive chair for guitar playing. If you are one who plays for a short period of sitting (30 minutes maximum), then the stool cushions are okay for you.
- Black Color
- Frame is of Metal Material
- Seat Material is of Metal Type
- From HOMOOI Brand
- Features Espresso Furniture Finish
- steel leg Material and Matte black Leg Finish
- Seat is of foam, PVC leather, and steel Material
- Size when it is unfolded: 12.0″(Seat Dia.) x 30.1″(Back Height) x 19.7″(Seat Height)
- Capacity up to 220 lbs
HOMOOI Cushioned Padded Folding Stool with Back features a safety lock that ensures stability. I also like that this chair is foldable to save precious space for camp performance, plus, it is easy to carry around especially when folded.
While the cushioned seat provides comfy sitting experiences, this chair comes ready to use as there is no assembly required.
HOMOOI Cushioned Padded Folding Stool is equipped with a PVC cover and steel tube that is easy to clean. If you are looking for a guitar chair that is built to last for years and will save your money in the long run, this is a good pick. The only downside is that it is not an ideal chair to sit on for LONG hours.
Ultimate buying guide: choosing the best camp chair for playing guitar
it is easy to end up spending over $50 on just another chair that is not quality when you do not consider certain factors. I have put together some important features that you should look out for when choosing camp chairs or chairs for guitar.
The chairs reviewed in this post are designed with almost all these features I am about to show you. So, even if I have not been able to include the chair that perfectly suits your taste and budget, the following factors will serve as a buying guide for you when choosing any chair for playing guitar elsewhere.
The height of the chair is the most significant factor to consider when choosing a chair for guitar. This is because the height of the chair is what differentiates it from regular chairs.
An ideal camp chair for playing guitar should have a height that supports your legs and makes it in a comfortable position or posture. This will support you in holding the guitar well.
If the height of a guitar chair gives you any discomfort, such discomfort can potentially ruin other aspects of the performance for you as well.
I have ensured that I outline the accurate dimension and specifications of every chair reviewed in this post. This is because it is important to check the chair’s dimension to make sure it is not too high ( your balance on the chair is at stake), and it is not too short ( to avoid the knees pointing upwards and your body bent at an awkward angle).
Armrest or Armless
This can be a very difficult factor to consider justifiably. But when you examine closely, you will notice that guitar chairs with armrests can serve as an obstruction and will not let you have the perfect posture for playing the guitar.
This is why it is most times recommended to choose guitar camp chairs without armrests.
On the other hand, you may need an armrest and, most importantly, a backrest for maximum comfort. A guitar camp chair with a backrest is totally recommended for back support, while the armrest is left for you to decide according to your taste. All in all, you want to make sure that the design is effective enough.
The last thing any avid guitarist wants is a chair that does not have a well-padded and comfortable seat. You will play at your best only when you sit comfortably on a moderately cushioned seat.
You may probably spend hours practicing guitar on your chair as a passionate instrumentalist, if you are not on a comfortable seat, your hand will end up aching, so will your neck and mind.
I recommended you go for leather seats with a good amount of padding inside.
Lastly, of what use is a good guitar chair when it is not adjustable to suit your height and size?
The adjustability feature of an ideal camp chair for playing guitar comes to great importance especially when there are other guitarists who are of different height and weight and want to use the same comfortable guitar chair.
You will definitely need a chair that has adjustable height. In this connection, attention should also be paid to the range of adjustability.
You should also check the:
Wrapping up on the best camp chair for playing guitar
If you are a passionate guitarist, and you need a very durable and comfortable camp chair for playing your instrument, this post has been able to expose you to the best available option.
We have been able to go through high-quality, well-sought-out, great guitar chairs that will accompany you for a lifetime and through generations.
Most of the chairs in this post are real, strong, corrosion, and rust-resistant steel in the build. Others are made of durable materials that will do too because they are sturdy enough.