Great puzzlers, it is needless to say that completing a jigsaw puzzle is an excellent way to unwind and focus. A certain study shows that spending 25 minutes a day solving puzzles and riddles can raise your IQ by 4 points.
I have reviewed the ideal chairs for Jigsaw puzzles in terms of comfort, stability, durability, and design for doing puzzles. Here is a sneak peek in the table below:
|3 Great Chairs for Jigsaw Puzzles||Grade|
|Classic Accent Single Pack Chair||5 of 5-star rating|
|Roundhill Furniture Habit Chair for table games||4.6 of 5-star rating|
|Rivet Phinney Contemporary Chair||4.3 of 5-star rating|
It will take you on average between 3 to 10 hours to complete the 1000 piece jigsaw puzzle which seems to be one of the most challenging puzzles. It is better to be in the right position and posture when playing this interesting puzzle game in order to avoid aches and pains.
If you are setting up a puzzling corner at your place, and if you do not want to go with the mat level, but want to have a table to place the puzzle board on, then you must have wondered what chair options is recommended.
In this post, I will show you the recommended chair for jigsaw puzzles and why you should have them specifically for this purpose (most of them are multi-functional though).
6 Top Chairs for Jigsaw Puzzles
List of the best chairs for jigsaw puzzles.
- A very light weighted upright chair for puzzle games allowing the chair to be moved easily for adjustment when playing
- Features a very solid build, very sturdy. Evident in the solid wood with no wiggling at all.
- Offers great comfort for seating
- A very good cushion on the bottom and back.
- Features a simple look that fits any home setting
- Versatile, ideal for both Jigsaw puzzles, side chairs, and dining chairs
- Well packed and easy to unbox.
- If you are on a low budget, then you may not find this one favorable. this chair is pricey, and I guess it is because it uses solid wood.
- Grey color
- Wooden Legs Material
- Item Dimensions: LxWxH19.88 x 20.08 x 40.55 inches
- Espresso Furniture Finish
- Max Weight Recommendation: 300 Pounds
- Product Dimensions: 88 x 20.08 x 40.55 inches
- Item Weight: 15.4 pounds
- Manufacturer: Kurado Home Limited
- ASIN B087VFL79T
- Customer Reviews 5.0 out of 5 stars
CangLong Classic Accent Single Pack Chair is an armless accent chair that brings fresh contemporary style to your jigsaw puzzle space. It is made with High-density foam padding on the seat and backrest that offers nothing but absolute comfort.
The chair is also made with solid-wood frames that give it stability. This is coupled with tapered legs that feature a dark espresso finish and floor protectors. I also like the streamlined silhouette pair.
This chair proposes the best choice to add a refined touch to the den.
Most significantly, this CangLong Classic Accent Single Pack Velvet Cushion chairs can be used for jigsaw puzzles in the dining room, kitchen room, living room, guest room, vacation house or anywhere and also serves as a puzzle chair, reading chair, tea corner chair or desk chair, etc.
- This chair is from an Amazon brand and it resonates a perfect intersection of style and comfort.
- It features a very good upholstery at the tall seat back that is gently shaped
- Rivet Phinney contemporary chair offers both back and head support while playing puzzles on the table
- The cushy chair features a tapered shape that adds visual interest.
- Elegantly splayed wooden legs for superior stability
- Firm seat
- Elegant look
- Made with decent materials
- There are no downsides detected in this Rivet Phinney Contemporary Chair for jigsaw puzzles, but I have a feeling that the seat may be a little bit too hard for some.
- Silver Grey Color
- Polyester Material
- Item Dimensions: LxWxH19.7 x 24.4 x 36.6 inches
- Item Weight: 15.43 Pounds
- Brand: Rivet
Rivet Phinney Contemporary Chair is popularly known for its solid wood frame with 100% polyester fabric. This is a perfectly-upholstered chair that is comfortable, stable, and stylish for your puzzles set-up corner.
It also serves as a nice chair to have at home due to its elegant mid-century design this chair can be assembled in 15 minutes or less and is backed up by a one-year warranty. Do make sure that you avoid moisture.
- Features thick cushioned back with an elegant curve on the top that offers comfortable seating and playing experience for long hours
- Has a matching with elegant roll-back top.
- Features Deep button tufting on the back doubles the comfort and accents the whole look.
- Made with a beautiful white-wash finish on the durable wooden legs
- Super easy to put together ( 10 minutes or less)
- Really comfortable for sitting for hours, playing puzzles on table, eating on dinning, or doing your makeup.
- Highly recommended chair for jigsaw puzzles
- No cons detected. It appears most of its users are satisfied with the overall features of this chair
- Textile Material
- Item Dimensions: LxWxH26 x 18 x 39.2 inches
- Seat height 19″
- Apron height 6.5″
- Apron to floor 12.5″
- Oak Furniture Finish
- Item Weight: 18 Pounds
Roundhill Furniture Habit Grey chair for table games is simply elegant, I like the chair because it is not only limited to your puzzle space at home, it has a style fit for royalty.
This table game chair is upholstered in your choice of color perfectly accented with button tufting. It also has the advantage of padded and button-tufted seats and backs.
Roundhill Furniture Habit Grey chair also features durable wooden legs that are finished in a light color to match the style.
When playing your jigsaw puzzles, you want to sit in a chair that has a high-back that is slightly and elegantly curved, this Roundhill Furniture Habit Grey chair is your answer.
- The chic and elegant look of this Modway Regent table game and dining table Chair is all you need to make your jigsaw puzzle setup complete and comfortable.
- The chair features finely tufted buttons, studded nailhead trim, and a regal seat generously padded in foam.
- Upholstered in polyester fabric.
- Features non-marking foot caps and tapered wood legs
- Works well in both modern and traditional home settings.
- Superior construction
- Fine upholstery
- Modern desk game chair
- Elegant style
- Even with its features, Not everyone will be willing to spend so much for this chair
- Light Gray Color
- Textile Material
- Item Dimensions: LxWxH25 x 21 x 36 inches
- Item Weight: 24 Pounds
- Modway Brand
- Maximum Weight Capacity: 286 lbs
Do not let your puzzle space at home be boring, bring in sophistication with exquisite nailhead trim and a tufted detail chair. This Regent is the perfect choice for hosting an elegant puzzle game with friends in the dining or anywhere in your home.
It is also popular in living rooms as an accent chair and other table games. This Modway Regent table game and dining table Chair has been expertly constructed with webbing and springs to prevent sagging, it features wood legs with non-marking caps.
If you want a premium seating experience while you play your jigsaw puzzle, then Regent is worth your shot.
This is the kind of chair you need to enhances traditional décor, the chair is admirably ideal with wood desks and other table games, writing, and reading areas.
It’s a comfortable chair for everyday use.
LSSBOUGHT Button-Tufted Fabric High Height Side Chairs
- Made with High-quality fabric and filling
- Has a Stylish decoration
- Button tufted back makes it elegant and graceful
- You can completely relax during your thinking moment while playing puzzles, thanks to the thick sponge filling
- The wood leg has a solid wood construction
- Stable and strong leg structure
- All about durability, comfort, and stability
- Grey Color
- Wood, fabric Material
- Item Dimensions: 5 x 18.3 x 43.1 inches
- 300 Pounds Maximum Weight Recommendation
- LSSBOUGHT Brand
- Seat Height: 30 inches
Resting on sturdy rubberwood legs, LSSBOUGHT Button-Tufted Fabric High Height chair provides enhanced stability and durability while playing jigsaw puzzle on a table. I like the fact that the seat is thick, making the chair extremely comfortable for sitting for long hours.
LSSBOUGHT Button-Tufted Fabric High Height chair has great quality and price. It is beautiful as well as comfortable. The stools have a spring built into the seat with a nice thick cushion ideal for table games. It is highly recommended.
LSSBOUGHT Set of 2 Fabric Upholstered Chair
- LSSBOUGHT Set of 2 Fabric Upholstered Chair is made of high-quality solid wood legs
- The woods used are firm and stable.
- Decorated with a copper nail to add a sense of fashion.
- LSSBOUGHT Set of 2 Fabric Upholstered Chair is available in various colors
- The puzzle and dining chair is 19″H seat height and weights 250lbs capacity
- Footpads can effectively protect the floor
- Copper nail decoration makes the chair more stylish
- High-quality solid wood legs
- Decorated with copper nail
- Ideal for table board games
- This set of chairs is totally excellent. While they are easy to assemble, it is considered the best price on amazon for this style of chair. No disadvantage observed.
- Product Dimensions 19 x 17.5 x 37.5 inches
- Item Weight 31 pounds
- Manufacturer: lssbought furniture
- ASIN B08P5KWXXF
- Customer Reviews: 6 out of 5 stars
- Overall dimension: 19″ L X 17.5″ W X 35″ H
- Seat Height: 19”H.
LSSBOUGHT Set of 2 Fabric Upholstered Chair features a strong wooden frame that assures stability and durability of the chair. It also has footpads at the bottom of the leg that protects the floor.
So you can dance on your chair once you find the last missing piece without bothering about scratches on the floor. It is also famously liked for its copper-nail decoration on the edge that makes the chair more stylish.
This chair would surely make a statement where ever you put it for puzzles, either in your living room, bedroom, dining room, or office.
It is also easy to assemble as it comes with easy-to-understand instructions in the package. Highly recommended!
Top Chairs for Jigsaw Puzzles: Buyer’s Guide
When selecting the best chair for Jigsaw puzzles, these are the factors I considered:
A chair that is at a good height with the table
This can not be stressed enough. It becomes difficult and impossible to enjoy your game or even think well while at it when you do not have a proper chair that suits the height of your table.
So, when reviewing these chairs, much consideration was placed on the height of the chairs and how ideal they are to match with jigsaw puzzle tables or any average table size.
You don’t want to pick a chair that is too shallow, disallowing you from reaching the puzzle board easily. You also don’t want to pick a chair that is too high above the table, causing you to bend downwards to reach the puzzle board on the table.
A chair with a back posture
As a good puzzler that is ready to win or crack out the game, you should sit upright while playing the game. Hence, you need a chair with the right back posture. Not one with the back posture of a rocking chair.
In addition, sitting in a slouched position for prolonged periods of time stresses your lower back. Jigsaw puzzles can have you seated and engrossed for hours. If you choose a chair with the wrong back posture, it puts pressure on the posterior structures of the spine, including the facet joints, ligaments, and muscles.
This can account for tension headaches in the back of the neck. Little wonder why most jigsaw puzzlers complain of this! What you need is the right chair when playing this puzzle.
An upholstered or cushioned chair
Considering the nature of how we sit when playing Jigsaw game and the number of hours spent playing the game while sitting down, cushioned or upholstered chairs like that of the dinning chairs would be the best.
Not just because they are upright and have the right back posture for sitting for the game, but also because seat cushion will decrease the pressure on the tailbone and allow us to sit longer without any complications.
And because you sit for longer hours, chairs with such design will also decrease the risk of back pain and problems in the future.
It is all about comfort, durability, and appearance!
Why buy a chair for jigsaw puzzles?
Even the scientists say that:
“If you sit at your chair for long hours it is absolutely necessary to have a quality chair”
There is a possibility that you have wondered why the heck will you need a special Jigsaw Puzzle chair for doing your jigsaw puzzles (After all, you can grab just any chair in your kitchen to sit).
While you read this, don’t be surprised at the number of people playing jigsaw puzzles in the world right now. Some are playing it in the kitchen, some in the spare room, some in the office, others the garage, the bedroom, and even the bathroom… of all places!
Now, you can imagine the incredibly discomforting chairs that are available in these places to use. If you have a special chair for Jigsaw puzzles, it gives you the sense of being organized, and allow you to enjoy your game comfortably in a defined position.
Now as for the best chair to use for jigsaw puzzles, I have found a number of different types that I really like and I think you’d love them. They all meet the requirement of what makes an ideal chair for jigsaw puzzles and that is why they have been featured in this review post.
What are these requirements though?
What makes a chair great for jigsaw puzzles?
It is important that I spell it out here that the first characteristic that makes a chair ideal for a jigsaw puzzle is non-wheel. The second is that they should be seats with plenty of cushioning such as a foam pad insert.
Even at this, you still want a comfortable seat. So here are the other requirements that make the best chair for jigsaw puzzles
Height of the chair
When we say that chairs with wheels are not ideal for jigsaw puzzles, it also goes to say that chairs for jigsaw puzzles are not going to be adjustable because they have fixed height.
Hence, you’ll need to be mindful of the chair height and consider whether it’s adequate for the height of your puzzle table.
If the chair is too high or too low, it will force you to use poor posture to play for hours which can lead to increased discomfort along your neck, back, legs, and arms.
Chairs with fixed heights, just like with rolling office chairs, are available in many of the same materials. Some are made with mesh, fabric, and faux or real leather.
A great choice for playing jigsaw puzzles would be real leather or plush fabric upholstered chairs. Not just because of the sophisticated effect, but also because of the great comfort and durability.
One of the advantages of upholstered chairs is that they provide Lumbar support for your lower back, just as many office chairs without wheels. It is a cogent consideration when choosing chairs for puzzle games or activities that will make you sit for long hours because lumbar support helps to ensure your spine maintains its natural curve as you play your puzzle.
When playing Jigsaw puzzles, you work mostly on the tables and the puzzle board, so your hands will be busy fixing missing parts on the puzzle. When your hands are tired, or you want to wait out your thinking moments, hands can be rested on the table.
Hence, chairs with arms are not necessary. They are not even ideal because they can bring constraint and discomfort in stretching the body or legs. They also add to the weight of the chair.
Finding a very good chair for jigsaw puzzles can be tedious because most ones on the market have fewer “nice to have” features.
But this post has helped you with the research, all you need to do is to make decision-based on your taste and budget.
Conclusion on the best chairs for jigzaw puzzles
This post has been able to hold your hand and walk you through all the best available options for chairs for jigsaw puzzles. Trust me, you would have no regret choosing any of these chairs for your game.
In other words, your decision will now be based on your budget and your personal taste. The best part is that chairs for jigsaw puzzles appear to be affordable compared to other gaming chairs that are way expensive.
When it comes to comfort and design, there may not be a better option for your Jigsaw puzzle than the ones that have been shared here. However, most of them would require maintenance and upkeep in order to be kept in tiptop shape.
If your puzzle style is not to sit on the floor, hunched over (which may feel uncomfortable), then you need to do your body a favor by getting an ideal chair for your puzzles.
If your puzzle setup involves tables and not roll-up mats, then the importance of getting any of these chairs can not be over-stressed. The best part is that most of them are multifunctional which means they will serve more than just for playing puzzles. They are also good dining and reading chairs, too.